I was born and raised in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
My resume includes:
Financial, Tax Law, National, International, Security, Intelligence and Counter-Intelligence Credentials.
Decorated U.S. Air Force Veteran.
- Award winning Inspector General Officer, appointed and commissioned by Former President Bill Clinton and Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright. I was confirmed by the U.S. 105th Congress as an officer of the U.S. Diplomatic Corps.
I have been defending and helping the citizens of Forsyth County, including Military Veterans for many years. I am a decorated Veteran of the United States Air Force. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Shaw University, in Raleigh, N.C. and a Master of Science degree in Taxation from Southeastern University in Washington, D.C. I am a retired U.S. Diplomat Inspector General Officer, from the Department of State’s, U.S. Agency for International Development, (USAID) 2005. I have dealt with and made recommendations to write and revise legislation on a national and international level.
For over 22 years as an Inspector General Officer, under the authority of the Inspector General’s Act of 1978, I was responsible for Preventing and Detecting, Fraud, Waste, Abuse and Mismanagement in the Executive Branch of Government. I have lived and worked in Europe, South and Central America, Africa and in the Middle East, conducting risk assessments, congressionally mandated audits, including audits of the Government Management Reform Act of 1994 (GMRA) and the Government Performance Results Act of 1993 (GPRA). I implemented, reviewed, and recommended revisions to policies passed by the Legislative Branch of Government. I have conducted hundreds of risk assessments, and congressionally mandated audits in the United States and in numerous countries around the world. I have seen the faces of fiscal and social mismanagement all too well and I know how to correct it.
More Work Experience
- On several occasions, I volunteered my services with the political evacuations of Liberia and Sierra Leone, Africa.
- I have helped many people, Americans, Foreign Nationals and especially veterans with disabilities exercise their rights under the law.
- I have managed several political campaigns including former President Bill and Hillary Clinton’s visit to Dakar, Senegal.
- I have served on the housing board for the U.S. Department of State in Dakar Senegal, West Africa.
- I served as an Inspector General Officer for the U.S. Peace Corps in Washington, D.C.
- Inspector General Officer for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency where I was also the Inspector General Representative on the Environmental Protection Agency Handicap Committee.
- I was an auditor for the Department of Defense Contract Audit Agency.
- I worked as a student aid wit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Eligibility Clinic and Finance Office in Winston-Salem, NC.
- I was an Adjunct Professor of Taxation and Strayer University in Arlington, VA.
- I am a member of the Winston-Salem Chamber of Commerce
- The Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem, NC
- CEO for The Henley Foundation
- Lifetime Member of American Veterans (AMVETS)